Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What would you do?

We're getting new kitchen appliances on Thursday!

The plan has been to keep our old fridge and use it as a second fridge, which will give us more freezer space and we will have a 'beverage fridge' like we had in Calgary so we will have more space in the pantry since all the drinks will be in the second fridge. To make this happen, we had to stack the washer and dryer and downsize the storage cabinet and lose all hanging space in the laundry room.

Before:
double cabinet, hanging racks on either side, room for laundry on top of washer & dryer, lots of space


another angle:


After:
Single cabinet beside fridge (hard to see in the pic), no hanging room, no extra space



So, what would you do? Would you give up the space for the extra freezer/fridge space? Or would you chuck the old fridge and go back to the way it was before? I have to decide by Thurs b/c they will haul it away for free when they bring the new fridge and if we wait to get rid of it we'll have to pay. Help!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you move the fridge into the garage? I know that's where most of our friends keep there extra if it's not in the basement. I'm assuming you don't have a basement. Otherwise, I would keep the fridge there. Kev and I are looking to get a second fridge.

dougnlarry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dougnlarry said...

It won't fit in the garage and we don't have a basement. The laundry room is the only place for it.

The new appliances came yesterday and we kept the fridge. We can always give it away if we don't think we need it anymore.