Monday, March 7, 2011

Danielle's party

The invite said no gifts, so we asked grandparents to bring their gifts over before the party. My parents watched the kids Sat evening so Doug and I could go out with his sister and her husband (Doug's parents watched her kids) so they brought their gifts over then.

Opening a gift from Aunt Ticia.


And one from Grammy & Grandpa.


Sunday, Doug's parents and sister (and her family) came over before the party.

Opening presents from Grandpa & Grandma and Jenny & Justin.




Danielle loves her new baby from Grandpa & Grandma.


The cake!


We turned her loose, but she wasn't very interested.


I gave her a little taste, thinking she would change her mind and dig in. She was not happy. (We have another half dozen pics that look like this.)


Here are some pics of our friends and family who made it.



Julia eating cake & ice cream.


My mom rocked D for about 5 minutes after the cake nightmare and she was out cold.


I love Bobby & Karen but hate how photogenic they are. Don't you ever take a bad pic??

Kathy & Max


The birthday girl missing her own party.


The weather was perfect for the kids to play outside.


Will. I asked if I could take his picture and he posed. Love it.


After everyone left, she was back up and at it.


We tried the cake again.


She was still not very interested.
(Gracie & I kept eating icing trying to show her it was good. It didn't help.)


For not eating any, she was pretty messy. She went into the tub after.

It was a great party and we're glad so many were able to celebrate our girl's first birthday with us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a shame she missed out on a lot of the fun. Yay for a great birthday party!

Bethany said...

David passed out at his party too. Funny.