I shouldn't be obsessing about it, but I can't stop myself.
Doug had one of those career development type conversations with his boss last week. You know the ones where you talk about what your aspirations are, etc? Well Doug's boss mentioned that he will likely need 'Eastern Hemisphere' experience at some point. So we could be moving again, but this time we won't be lucky like we were with Calgary. We'll be flying across an ocean this go round. Doug's company has offices all over the world, but for what he does we think we're narrowed down to five choices: London, Paris, Kuala Lumpur, Dubai or Moscow. I've already begun researching so I'll have my list of preferred locations, not that we'll have any say into the where. Paris is at the bottom of the list. I think other than that one, the others will all be ok.
One thing I learned with Calgary is that a two year assignment flew by before and I'm sure it will again. We are preparing ourselves for the possibility and even looking forward to it. Now the waiting game begins...
1 comment:
HOLY COW!! That's a lot to think about. I pray Doug's future assignment(s) is somewhere lovely and wonderful for your family. How cool would it be to live near London?!?
Post a Comment