Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Finally...

We are leaving in the morning for Canada!! Almost a full week behind schedule, we will try to get away early tomorrow to start a five day drive to Calgary. On Saturday, Doug is driving down from Calgary to meet us in Great Falls, Montana where we will store the car until we receive the title in a few weeks. Then we'll have to drive down to get the car on a weekend. So we'll be a one car family for a while, but it will be worth it to be together. The kids are still up at 10:20 pm and we are hoping they will be good and tired tomorrow so they will sleep part of the drive and we can get a lot of miles under our belt on day 1. If not, we are blessed that Doug's parents bought us a two screen DVD player for the car, so I'm sure that will help pass the miles. (I always said I didn't want a DVD player for the car since my kids watch enough TV at home, but 30+ hours in the car in less than a week is worth an exception, I think.)

We should be in our new house on Sunday and I'll hopefully have some pictures to post shortly after that.

1 comment:

A Crafty Mom said...

I hope the drive is going smoothly . . . thinking of you guys.
(((HUGS)))