Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saying goodbye


I've been doing okay emotionally with moving until today. This was our first house and I have a lot of wonderful memories from our 6+ years here. Today we found out that the new owner wants us to leave our swing set, even though she has no small children. For some reason, this really hit me hard. It was a gift for Gracie's 3rd birthday and my dad, Doug and our good friend Bobby built it. Gracie is very upset that we have to leave it too, even though we assured her there is a park right by our house in Calgary. I mentioned to Doug how sad I was to leave it since it was something built with love, but he reminded me that we did a lot to this house with love. I'm not upset about leaving the floors or the new blinds or the granite tile counter tops or the bathroom (that took us over a year!), but the swing set is different somehow. I hope that it gets used a lot since we are having such a hard time parting with it.
This picture was taken a couple weeks ago when my brother and his family were in town. Gracie, Bradley and cousin Grace had a blast playing on the swing set.
I recently tried to escape reality by reading the entire Harry Potter series in 16 days. I had never been interested in reading them b/c I'm not really into fantasy, but it was just what I needed. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it. Now I am dreadfully behind in our preparation for the move b/c I put everything on hold to read. I guess that's what I get, eh?

No comments: