Monday, August 24, 2009

The first day of school

I took pictures, but will have to post them later as we still don't have the other computer set up yet. She did great and remembered the way to her classroom from Meet The Teacher on Friday. For some reason, I was fighting back tears this morning. I don't know why. She's been going to school for years. Last year and Kindergarten brought no tears, so why would second grade bring them? I think it's because the school is so BIG compared to the ones she's been to in the past. It scares me a little. And I'm supposed to wait for her outside after school and trust that she finds her way to me. That scares me too.

But I know she'll do fine and all this worrying is for nothing. I'm just counting down the hours until I see her again. ;)

Edited to add: She had a great first day! She made new friends already and ate all her lunch and had nothing but great things to say when I picked her up. :)

No comments: