Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Someone came back with us from Canada

For those of you who aren't on Facebook, we are expecting baby #3! I'm 12 weeks and everything looks great with Baby, so we are going public with our news. We told the kids this weekend, earlier than planned, because I have been so miserable and Gracie was worried about me. I couldn't let her worry anymore, so I told her. She is ecstatic. And asks all the time about the baby. And kisses my belly already. Bradley hopes for a brother. And wants to wait until the baby gets here to find out if it's a boy or girl. That's about all he has to say on the subject. ;)

I've had a lot of nausea since week 5 and am down about 12 pounds from where I started. My doctor suggested Boost yesterday for the calories, but I'm not too concerned. I'm sure the weight will find me soon enough when food is appealing again. Let me tell you how horrible it is to dream of Mexican food for years and then not be able to eat it when you can have it. I know I'll be making up for lost time when I'm feeling better.

We're debating whether to find out the gender early. We waited until birth with the other two, but are considering finding out at ultrasound this time. Opinions?? Please share your thoughts.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Woo hoo! Congrats again, Riss - I'm so happy for all of you! ...Oh yeah, and don't find out ;-)

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! you know I'm so excited for you and your family!!!
As for whether to find out or not, well if you do then you'll be doing the exact opposite as us -- we found out with all but our last. I think it's most fun to wait....if for no other reason than it drives everyone else crazy that you don't know!! ;)

The Carter's said...

It's a surprise whenever you find out about it; you'll be as shocked and excited about it during an ultrasound as you will after the birth.

More importantly, congratulations! I can only imagine how exhausted you must be during this trimester (not only, y'know, growing the baby, but also moving to another country)--I hope you get the chance to enjoy your pregnancy.

Congrats to all you guys--keep us posted :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I haven't been on facebook in months. We found out with both. Ultimately, you have to do what's best for you and Doug. Hope you're feeling better soon.
The Ducat's