Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Jack-o-Lantern, a first for us

So we suck. We have never carved a pumpkin as a family before. I've often bought pumkins, but we always set them out whole as fall decorations. This year, Gracie asked about 100 times to make a jack-o-lantern, so we did it.

Gracie was very active in the whole process (Bradley, not so much). She spent quite a bit of time digging out the innards.


And she told Doug exactly how she wanted the face to look.


Here is the drawn on face, before carving began.


Bradley watches. That's about all he did.


Gracie cleaning the seeds...


and getting them ready to roast.


Sorry, I didn't take a finished picture. I'll take one on Halloween when it's lit up and post it with costume pics later.

1 comment:

C! said...

Yay for Gracie! It isn't fun getting the slippery stringy seeds & pumpkin out, it just never seems to be the end of it :)