One thing we knew was an issue when we moved in was the patio cover. It wasn't built correctly in the first place, so parts of it were rotting from rain. So Doug set out to fix the rotted wood and rebuild it in a way that it would hopefully hold up better from now on.
He had lots of help from the kids.
(This mom was freaked out about her girl up there on the roof though, let me tell you.)
My parents came over for dinner when Doug wasn't quite done yet and my dad got up there to help him finish.
It's not quite done, but just finishing stuff is left. It looks so much better than before and the one time it rained since we put it up, there was no leaking. Hoping it stays that way...
1 comment:
I'm impressed you even let her up there -- I don't think I would have! Of course, I tend to worry about every worse case scenario possible!
Post a Comment