Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Happy Heart

Last month Bradley and I went on a date and at the end of it he wanted to go to Wendy's for a frosty.  So we went to Wendy's and it was deserted.  As we were waiting on our frosties a woman walked in and asked if my car was the one with the Obama sticker on it.  I said yes.  To my delighted surprise, she was an Obama supporter too.  She told me it made her "heart happy" to see it.  She has a yard sign but so rarely sees other signs of support for Obama that she was ecstatic to see my sticker.

I get it.  I often feel like the lone blue person surrounded by a big red dot on the map.

(Probably because there are very few blue people in my very conservative neighborhood.)

But today, while I was driving to the grocery store after dropping Danielle at preschool, I saw an Obama-Biden sticker on a car.  I was so excited!  I sang along to the radio a little louder and had a big smile on my face.  Went in and did my shopping at HEB and when I came out, the truck parked next to me had an Obama 2012 sticker!!!  I am not exagerrating when I say I almost got teary.  I have never seen two Obama stickers in the same week, much less the same day. 

I have a happy heart today.  It's so nice not to feel alone.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

<3

Ticia said...

I'm sorry - I know it's hard to feel alone. All the more reason to come visit - I do a double take when I see a Romney sticker! :)

Maybe if things go the way we hope you can come out for the inauguration and know you're not alone. :)