Saturday, December 13, 2008

Friday night 'campout'

With Doug out of town all week, I suggested to the kids early this week that we could have a 'campout' in the living room Friday night if they were good. I held it over their heads all week and they were on their best behavior (for the most part anyway).

We had pizza for dinner (except Bradley who doesn't like pizza) which is our usual Friday night routine. After dinner, we roasted marshmallows over the burner on the stove. Totally ghetto, I know. But the kids liked it and it worked, so leave me alone. :)







After roasted marshmallows, we played cards for a while.




Then at usual bedtime, I made a 'bed' for us on the floor and the kids picked a movie to watch. They picked March of the Penguins. I left them there to do a quick workout and shower while they watched.




After the movie, we turned off all the lights to go to sleep. Bradley would not settle for the longest time and I thought I was going to have to put him in his bed, but as soon as he stopped moving for two seconds, he was out. Gracie took even longer to fall asleep than he did. So, they were up very late and both woke up before 6:30 this morning. So, tonight will be back to normal because they need to get a good night's sleep. I was asleep shortly after 10, which is highly unusual for me. Too bad I woke up several times during the night. Maybe 31 is too old to sleep on the floor??
We leave Tuesday evening for Houston and I can't wait! The weather here today, tomorrow and Monday will be below 0 at all times. So gross. We got a lot of snow yesterday and I had to shovel twice yesterday and once today. I can't wait to get away from all this snow and cold and spend some time outside again.

No comments: