Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tooth trauma, round 2

You guessed it, Gracie lost her second tooth, but once again it was traumatic.

Bradley butted his hard head right into it and she started bleeding everywhere. The tooth didn't actually come out, but it was so loose that I barely pulled on it and it came right out. She was freaked out more by the blood than anything, I think. And after 10 minutes with it still bleeding, I was starting to freak out a little. I had to remind myself how long the other one bled when it came out and I checked online to see how long it needed to bleed before I needed to be concerned. After putting direct pressure on it for about 8 min, it finally stopped bleeding. Whew! This all happened right before we were going to eat dinner, so dinner was delayed a bit so she had time to heal. And I let her eat a lot of mashed potatoes tonight. ;)

Once again she got a medicinal popsicle. This is becoming routine.


I kept trying to get a pick of her new smile, but she was very tight-lipped.


This was the only one I got where you can see the gap.

Sing with her "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." :D

Oh, and I'm also quite amused at the snow that the Houston area is getting today. Half my facebook friends from Houston commented on it. And I know if I was still living there, I'd be thrilled too. But all I feel today is elated that snow is happening now because that pretty much guarantees there won't be any while I'm down there (since snow only happens in Houston about once every five years). And we've got plenty up here, so I'd like to have a break from snow for a couple weeks. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That gap-toothed smile is too precious! My Grace didn't have both front teeth come out close enough timewise to get that look.
LOL about singing 'All I want for Christmas....'
Yay on the snow in Houston being now and not while you're visiting!

Nemeth family said...

I love that smile! So cute!!

Bethany said...

Your logic on the snowfall is totally right on -- there's pretty much no likelihood that it will snow while you're in town now. Made me laugh.

Rebecca said...

Yay on her 2nd tooth coming out, but the hope the rest have an easier removal!!