This means there are puddles and slushy snowy mess everywhere. And for some reason both my kids think jumping in puddles is fun. Gracie comes in after a half hour playing in the snow and her snow pants are soaked. I often have to change pants since I don't wear snow pants and the bottom of my pants get soaked too.
The backyard is still really deep. Only the very back is ever in the sun, so there has been little melting at all back there. We tried to play out there a bit this afternoon, but it was so deep the kids could barely walk in it, so we came in.
And my memory is so terrible, I thought March was when it warmed up. It actually didn't get really warm until April last year, so I have another month plus of this slushy mess to deal with. Last year's last big snow was on April 10th. So maybe in 6 weeks, the house will stay clean and we can put the boots and snow gear away for good. :)
2 comments:
Yes I HATE how dirty the floors get from the snow! Even though we take off shoes in the laundry room, it still seems to get everywhere.
Awww man! That stinks! For what it's worth, it snowed in Texas in March last year and in April the year before that. Granted, it probably melted by noon, but still...
Sorry you are still dealing with all that yucky snow.
Post a Comment