Monday, July 20, 2009

My apology to Wyoming

Last time I did this drive in reverse (Houston->Calgary) I had a very bad impression of Wyoming. This time, it was beautiful. Doug practically wanted to relocate there. And I found myself picturing it (sometime in the future). So I feel the need to publicly apologize for bashing it over the last 20 months or so since I last saw it. Wyoming is gorgeous. You should all go visit. :)

In other news, we're stopped tonight in Lamar, CO. It's quite a small town, but it'll do for hopefully catching up on sleep tonight. Doug and I are exhausted. The kids don't show it as much, but we know they're tired too. Hopefully by stopping much earlier tonight, we'll get them to sleep decent. (First night, it was 11 pm, last night was almost 10 pm.) Why is it that hotels are like speed? As soon as we get into one, any tiredness the kids had is replaced by hyperness. :(

In less than 48 hours, we'll be in Houston. I can't wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Wyoming myself, but I've seen some awesome pictures from there. Hope all of you got some much needed restful sleep last night. Can't wait to hear that you're at your new home!

Anonymous said...

OH! Happy Birthday!

Heidi said...

Good luck on your continued travels, Riss! It will so great to be HOME.