Thursday, March 18, 2010

Impetigo

My oldest child has been pretty healthy over her 7 3/4 years. In fact, today was only her second doctor visit that wasn't a well check.

BUT, when she gets sick, she gets sick with weird things I've never heard of before. (Remember when she had Fifth's Disease in Dec '08?) This time, we went in for a rash on her face that started on Tuesday and got worse each day. I called the doctor yesterday and they thought it was viral and not to worry. This morning I couldn't imagine it only being viral so I took her in. And I'm glad I did. She has impetigo, which is a staph infection on the skin. Ewww. And it's contagious. Just what every mother of a 3 week old wants to hear.

We have a 10 day course of antibiotics and hopefully she'll look much better when she heads back to school on Monday. I'm so glad this week is Spring Break. I can't imagine ruining her perfect attendance over this. And I'm really glad I don't have to send her looking like she does. And speaking of that... we have taken pictures but since she is very self conscious I'm not putting any on here.

Let's hope the next 19 doses of medicine go better than the first did.

And while we're hoping for things, let's hope Danielle isn't a drama queen like her big sister. I can't handle two of them.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

If it's anything like V's bout, it will go away quickly. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

GL! I hope it goes away quickly!