What was I thinking when I scheduled both girls on the same day for checkups?
Lesson learned. One at a time from now on.
Danielle did fabulously. Doctor said she looks great. She weighs 16 lbs, 7 oz (90%) and is 25 inches long (75%). She got 6 immunizations (3 shots + an oral one) and did terrific. She only cried for a minute and then was over it. She has been taking a huge nap this afternoon though, so I think the ordeal took a lot out of her. We were given the all clear to start solid food whenever we want, but I haven't made up my mind on when I want to do that. (I'll be doing some reading before deciding.) She goes back in early Sept for her 6 month checkup.
Gracie was ridiculous. For an 8 year old, she was way too freaked out. She wasn't even getting shots but was so spooked and scared about it all, even though I had been reassuring her all day. She weighs 47 lbs (10%) and was a hair over 48 inches (10-25%).
The one thing I did right was drop Bradley at my mom's. I can't imagine having all three of them there. And even though both Danielle and Bradley will need checkups in November, you can bet I'll take them in separately after this experience.
I need a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment