Friday, July 9, 2010

Sometimes I hate being right

Yesterday, I finally did it. Remember this post and this one? A month later, I knew I had put it off as long as I could. Danielle is getting close to rolling over and I didn't think it was safe to have her sleeping there anymore. Plus, she is too long for it. But after she slept 10-6 without waking on Tues night and 9:15-5 on Wed night, I really dreaded taking it off. But I did it. And a miracle happened. She went down in her new boring flat bed on the first try. I was surprised. And then she was awake less than 10 minutes later. And it took me almost an hour to get her back down again and then she slept for a whopping... wait for it... hour. Sometimes I hate being right. Here's hoping tonight is better.

UPDATE: Friday night was worse. It took 4 attempts to get her asleep in the bed at all and then she only slept for an hour again. This is rough. We're considering moving her crib into our room to see if she sleeps better in it than the pack & play. I'm afraid to put her in her room yet b/c it is the farthest room from me (and upstairs) and if I'm listening on a baby monitor I don't think I'll hear her until she's crying. Which means by the time I get to her, she'll be really screaming and will probably wake up B who is right next door to her. And our room is huge, so fitting the crib in it would be no problem. I want to try the pack & play a couple more nights first.

No comments: