Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Round Rock game

Last weekend, we went to Austin. First up was a Round Rock Express (the AAA team for the Astros) game.

Since temperature at first pitch was triple digits, we waited until about 8 to get there so it wouldn't be quite as hot.

Dell Diamond from the parking lot.


The awesome pitcher. (7+ innings of shutout baseball.)


"I'm hot" was all we heard from the big kids.


Little D went to sleep on big D.


The scoreboard, which the kids pointed out was "so much smaller" than the Astros'.


Ice Cream= the way to get your kids to quit complaining about being hot.


Fireworks after the game!


I suck at taking pictures of fireworks apparently.
(They were much better than this in person.)

All the kids loved them.


Except B didn't like the loud noises they made.


We had a great time. It was the first minor league game for the kids and I. I'm sure we'll go back sometime, though maybe not to Round Rock, since they will be the Rangers' AAA team starting next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness for ice cream!!!