Friday, August 29, 2008

Farewell...


My grandfather, seen here with Bradley in June 2006, died this morning. He was the last of my biological grandparents who was living. I now have none. And I can't go to the service because it's so far away and too expensive and the timing isn't good with Gracie starting school on Tuesday or I could have looked into driving. It was all very unexpected and I'm still in shock.
This is a wake-up call for me. There has been a part of me (and Doug too) that loves it here and doesn't want to leave. But when something like this happens, it makes you realize how nice it is to be close to family. Hopefully we'll be back in Texas in 2009.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Thinking of you and your family.

C! said...

Riss, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. Hugs to you, I know it is hard to be so far away from those you love, even when you enjoy the place you are living. There is still nothing like being near our families. My prayers and condolences for all of you.

Jill said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Lots of P & PT for your family.

The Carter's said...

I'm so sorry, Larry. I'm thinking of you guys.