Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good times...

Last year, at this time of year, I blogged a lot about how crappy the weather was. It was cold. I was miserable. Well, this winter has been harder than last year's was. We've had a lot more snow to this point and the temps have been insanely cold for long periods. We were miserable until we left for TX and coming back home was brutal after enjoying the nice warm Texas weather for two weeks. That said, the last 6 days have been like Spring. Our highs were in the upper 40's or higher for 5 days in a row and we had a substantial snow melt because of it. The kids and I have walked to school every day during this time, enjoying it while it lasts. I wanted to make sure I gave this gorgeous weather due credit before it gets crappy again tomorrow and I go back to complaining. (Tomorrow's high will be about 10F (-11C) and it's supposed to snow. Boo.)

Also, I just have to take a moment to talk about how great yesterday was for me. I know it comes as no surprise to my readers that I was moved many times as I watched our new President take over. I do not expect a Perfect President nor do I expect to agree with all his choices, but I am excited and hopeful of what the next four years could bring to my country. And I will not soon forget what I saw and heard yesterday.

As an old friend of mine said, "I don't know whether I'm more excited about the end or the beginning." I totally agree. And I guess it's time to take my countdown ticker off the blog...
:)

No comments: