Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gracie's first softball 'game'

When you live in Canada, mid May is far from desirable softball weather. Tonight was supposed to be Gracie's first game, but the temperature at game time was 50 at the most and the location of the field led to insanely high winds, making it feel much colder. So the two coaches decided to let each kid bat once and then call it. I think all involved were grateful. I know I was.

Gracie's team hit first. She was the third batter and hit the ball on the first pitch for a single!


Here she is on first base. Don't ya love her pink batting helmet? :)


She came all the way around to score on the next batters and then her team took the field while the other team each got to hit. She is playing a 'learn to play' program, so it's very laid back. And you gotta love the Canadian softball uniform of the softball t-shirt OVER the jacket. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the T-Shirt over the jacket. It reminds me of when we would trick or treat with our costumes over our snow suits.
Amy D

Nemeth family said...

Oh lord...that just puts it into perspective how cold it is...in May. I've played many a softball game dressed just like this back in the day!!