In the past year, Gracie lost her first two teeth. I love that the first two to go were her two front teeth. She's had a big gap on the top for 6 months and I love that smile. One of her permanent teeth is about to break through, so I know I only have a little longer to enjoy it.

Gracie is a great big sister and she and Bradley play together all the time. He misses her when she's at school and wants to play with her every day as soon as school is out. They don't get along as well as they did a year ago, but still better than I thought boy/girl siblings could. He adores her.
I smile when I watch her play on the playground after school with her friends. They all know her and want her to play with them. She's quite the social butterfly...nothing like her parents. Deep down, I'm terrified she'll want to be a cheerleader someday. But then I see her spend a half hour or more immersed in a book and I realize she's more like me than I thought. (Fingers crossed that I'm wrong about the cheerleading.)
Gracie is on a dinosaur and volcano kick lately. And repeatedly has told me she wants to be a scientist, she's just not sure what kind yet. It's been a great year. We're so proud of how well she's doing in school and can't wait to see what she can accomplish next year.
2 comments:
Happy birthday baby girl! I'll try to call this afternoon after school but before you get to Banff.
Happy Birthday Gracie!! She looks fabulous in her hat, shades and sundress! What a perfect little girl!
Post a Comment