She loves to slide. These pics are from Spring Break when we went to the park in my parents' neighborhood. But she loves to slide in the backyard too. And is also trying to climb up the slide like the big kids do. (She thinks she's a big kid.)
She is a very picky eater. She is also inconsistent. Some days she'll eat an entire apple, other days she won't eat apple at all. Her favorite food is mac & cheese. She practically inhales it! She eats whatever we're eating. And does pretty well with not choking, thankfully. She appears to have quite a sweet tooth. Even when she doesn't want to eat much of anything, she'll eat ice cream or a cookie. She is especially fond of Oreos.
We've taken to calling her our little monkey. She is a climber. Neither of the other kids were climbers, so this is all new to me. She has fallen off a kitchen chair once, but there have been dozens of near misses. I can't turn my back on her for a minute anymore. This is a common sight of late:
Thankfully she is also starting to play independently some. She used to be very demanding, but is doing much better lately. She has also taken to books over the last couple of weeks. Where she used to refuse to sit still for a book to be read to her, now she picks a book and brings it to me and crawls in my lap for me to read it to her. We read books over and over and over and she loves it. She also looks at books on her own for long stretches, allowing me to get things done.
- She can give a 'high five' now.
- She waves. For some reason she says 'da' when she does this. Not sure if it is supposed to be 'hi' or 'bye' or if 'da' stands for something else.
- She practically runs. She is so stinking fast at walking now.
- She blows kisses.
- Her napping is still very inconsistent. I think this is largely due to the little naps she gets in the car taking B to and from school. I'm hoping when school is out for him, she will nap better.
- She typically goes down for the night between 8:30 and 10. I would like for it to be consistently on the earlier side, but think that will happen once we get her napping better.
- Almost every morning I have to wake her so we can take G to school. She goes straight from the bed to the stroller and off we go. (At 7:50 am)
- She starts in her own bed, but comes into ours once she wakes up. I'm ok with her still waking at night, except on the nights when she wakes up a half dozen times. That is rare though, usually just once or twice. She sleeps great in our bed. I think her crib mattress lacks the comfort of ours.
- She is teething. Again. Molars this time. She has cut one and the other is just barely poking through where I can feel it but not see it. I blame teething anytime she has a bad night of sleep or when she poops 80x/week. (I'm only slightly exagerrating.)
- She is such a daddy's girl. She lights up every day when he gets home. He is quite smitten with her too. I think we'll be in trouble with this one. ;)
1 comment:
wow....her hair is really really really blonde, huh? Beautiful. I can't believe she's already this big!
Post a Comment