Sunday, March 30, 2008

Texas Highlights

Here are a few pics from the play area at the airport where we spent an hour or so waiting for our flight.







Grandpa reads to the kids. Bradley loves this book and had it pretty much memorized by the time we left.


We had a picnic lunch at the park on Friday.

How sweet are they? :)


Grammy and Bradley play on the jungle gym.


Gracie and Daddy swinging.


Ticia and Bradley... swinging or lounging?


Look at how high she is!


More jungle gym fun.


On Saturday, the three big grandkids dyed Easter eggs. Ticia was the official helper.

Grace was first.


Then Gracie.


Bradley was last.


Robert enjoyed his powdered cream donut filled with chocolate. :)


Easter Sunday: Our family and my brother's family went to our old church for service while Mom, Dad and Ticia stayed at the house to have dinner ready.

The girls all dressed in their Easter finest.


All the grandbabies.


A rare moment of quiet between these two. :)


Ticia and Bradley read a book... again.


Taking a load off.


The three big kids play with sidewalk chalk on the driveway.


Little Robert prefers to eat it. :)


All four kids in the back of Robert's truck.


The big kids 'fastened in' to go for a pretend ride.


Grandpa reading to the big kids (again).


Upon our return home, we discovered that the Easter Bunny had visited while we were gone.

I wasn't quick enough with the camera to get a shot of Gracie's basket before it was everywhere.


Here is Bradley's before it was dismantled.


Easter egg hunting in their rooms before bed.




Doug got home yesterday and it is great to all be home again. Of course, he was welcomed home with snow that fell overnight. The most we've had in a while too. It will take more than an afternoon for this to melt off. ;)

3 comments:

Ticia said...

More than an afternoon?!! Heaven forbid. There is STILL snow in my yard and it's 45 degrees right now. And we officially hit the 100 inches mark just after I got back. So yeah, you're still not getting any sympathy from me hon.

:)

dougnlarry said...

Yeah, you want to know what is funny about that? I was wrong b/c over half of it was gone late yesterday. :P

The Carter's said...

Know what I just realized? Gracie is almost the same age we were when we met. That is CRAZY to me--I love it!

The girls looked precious in their Easter dresses. I also love looking at pictures of Bradley: it's like seeing Will in two years, complete with the same wardrobe. I recognize those jammies :)

Love your hair--it's darling!