Before we left, little man was already so tired that he fell asleep on the stairs.
We took a picnic lunch and ate at the zoo.
Canadian geese are very loud. Gracie calls them 'honkers'.
Gracie with a dinosaur in the prehistoric section.
Gracie and Bradley enjoyed the dinosaurs.
Daddy lifts up Gracie so she can see better.
Checking out the red Panda.
Isn't he cute?
Ice cream break.
The hippos. This was a favorite of both kids.
Bradley especially liked the fish in the hippo tank.
Gracie & Bradley check out the ostrich (and zebras off to the other side).
The river still has ice and snow along it, but look at how clear the water is!
Checking out the snow leopard. (He's in the hammock in the corner.)
Checking out the prairie dogs. Both kids loved them.
The kids feeding the ducks.

3 comments:
1. Nothing is wrong with you. Your feet have gone several months without the rubbing of the flipflops. Try to wear them just a couple hours at a time to break yourself back in. And I'll be honest, there will probably be some blisters and/or blood. Power through!
2. I could not love more the pic of B on the stairs. That kid will sleep anywhere!
3. Dave and I stopped by the zoo the other day on our way home from grocery shopping and the prairie dogs ranked pretty high for us too. I kind of want to just get some prairie dogs and let them take over my backyard, but I'm pretty sure my neighbors (and Daddy) wouldn't go for it...
4. Love the wagon and particularly love G in the GIANT shirt while putting it together.
I so happy too. :) Miss y'all.
Dude. We love our wagon. We love it so much Jason is building a "racetrack" in the backyard so Will can sit and chill out in his wagon while Mommy or Daddy pulls his 30-lb butt around it.
Anyway, yes we get a lot of usage out of the wagon, especially at the zoo. And carting to and from the park. It's a very wise investment.
Re: the flipflops. Wear them around the house as often as you can stand. Also, consider putting some vaseline between your toes (and anywhere else you're getting rubbed); that should lessen the friction.
Thanks for the shoe tips, ladies. Actually, it was the lack of arch support that was hurting. I do wear them when I'm out in the yard with the kids with no problem, I think it was just too much walking at the zoo. Is this a sign that I'm getting old? I need more comfortable shoes now.
Post a Comment