Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend fun

It's a long weekend here as today is Thanksgiving.

We've been hanging out here mostly, having a grand time.

Gracie built a tower out of our foam letters on Sat.


Bradley decided he didn't want to sit in his booster seat anymore, so he's graduated to a big boy chair (and sitting on his knees).


Sat, we bought a Wii!!!!!
The kids were excited watching Daddy set up everyone's Miis.


Gracie trying out the Aerosmith guitar.


The boys playing MarioCart.


Gracie is already getting a lot better.


A rare shot of mom... playing guitar hero.


Today we ordered the NES version of Super Mario Brothers. Doug and I feel like we've been transported back in time. Gracie is already hooked too.


I will say that we might have gone a little crazy with the Wii yesterday, but we have already explained to Gracie and Bradley that our time will be limited every day. She wants to play all the time, but that's not going to happen. She will have a set amount to play each day and only after all her homework is done.

5 comments:

A Crafty Mom said...

FUN!!!

We love our Wii but we only have two games - I heard the Mario ones were the way to go for kids. How is Guitar Hero? Is it awesome??? I really want a Wii Fit and I'm going to buy one when I get enough Shoppers Drug Mart points!

Nemeth family said...

We have a Wii on our Christmas list--Bill and I, that is! My brother has one and it is so much fun! Love Gracie's tower and Bradley looks like such a big boy in his chair.

Jill said...

See, I'm not a huge Wii fan (which I think goes back to my childhood depraved of all videogames) but I do love the WiiFit (although I haven't done that in months--the last time I hooked that bad boy up, Will woke up in a puddle of vomit and I've been a bit turned off ever since).

I got Jason Rock Band for his birthday. When we have our weekly dinner w/ Jon & Kristy, we hook it up and IT. IS. ON!!

Amanda said...

Ohhh, I'm so jealous you got a Wii!! How fun! But I can see how it could get really addictive. I've heard Guitar Hero is really fun, but never played it.

BTW, I tagged you with a meme on my blog!

Rebecca said...

Yay for Wii, we love out too!
I think I will have to get the accessory pack for Jarod for Christmas!

Love the guitar playing mumma!! :D