Friday, November 2, 2007

Gracie's first day of school

Yesterday was Gracie's first day at her new school. It is a lot different than her old one. At her old school, I had to park in the parking lot and walk her in and sign her in and out each day. She was there from 9-2:30 M-Th. At her new school, the kids all wait outside (in the freezing cold) until the bell rings at 9:05 when they all go in. Then she is done at 11:40. So, no eating lunch at school. Actually, even when she is a first grader, she will come home for lunch as they have a lunch break from 12-1. We live very close to the new school, so it is an easy walk, except for the cold temperatures. The kids all go into the classroom by themselves, which was a big adjustment for this mom who has always walked her child in to the room.

The good thing is that she reported that all the kids were nice, except one, and that her teacher was "very, very, very nice". She had a good report from the teacher on her first day too.

Unfortunately, she woke up sick this morning, so she had to stay home today. Hopefully Monday will go as well as yesterday did.

I took a picture of her all ready to walk out the door, so once I find the stinkin camera cord, I'll get it on here.

No comments: