Well, both my boys had their first fall on the stairs yesterday. Needless to say, Bradley's fall was much more traumatic for me (and him) even though he only fell a couple stairs. He hit his head on the wall and has a small bruise on his forehead today. Doug's fall was quite hilarious and happened at about 11:30 last night when he "slipped" b/c of his "slippery" socks and fell. He didn't hurt himself or cry like Bradley did, so after he assured me that he was fine, I had a good laugh over it. (And he did too.) I really wish I had videotaped it to share with all of you b/c I'm still laughing now at the memory of it.
I haven't been doing too much unpacking/reorganizing/cleaning this week. I think I was just so worn out from the trip up here that I couldn't get motivated to do much. Today, the bug finally bit me and I got tired of everything being all over the place. So, I have been working at getting the house more livable. Hopefully by the time I discover the elusive camera cord, the house will be ready for pictures to be taken and shared.
The kids didn't dress up for Halloween this year. I bought a costume for Bradley but it was too small so I returned it and never got a new one. Gracie had one picked out, but since she was sick the night before, we thought it best that she stay in too. So, the kids handed out the candy. They both had a blast and neither was even a little bit upset about not dressing up and going out trick-or-treating.
We haven't had TV since we got here. We finally made a decision about who our provider will be and I am thrilled that the cable will be turned on Tuesday!
One last thing on this odds and ends post: I am so thrilled that the Astros have resigned Brad Ausmus for another year. I am saddened that I will miss his last season, but happy that he will finish in Houston and hopefully teach our new young catcher the ropes. The really hilarious thing about this is that three different people emailed me to let me know when the deal was made. I guess I don't hold back when it comes to my opinion of Ausmus. :)
1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear Gracie's doing better and that she liked her first day of school! And in a sick, morbid, way, I really enjoyed the Doug falling down the stairs story!
I can't imagine how cute the kiddos were handing out candy! Way better than trudging around in the cold, anyway.
Call whenever. Love you!
Post a Comment