Last Tuesday, I had a sore throat. Wednesday morning, it hurt badly enough that I took Advil. The Advil knocked out the pain and I functioned pretty well until it wore off, around 2 pm. I took more Advil at 3, but it never made the pain go away like the morning dose did. At dinner that night, it hurt to eat, so I ate little. Which particularly sucked because we had brisket. I was in so much pain that night that I took a leftover Vicodin and went to bed early, even though my sister, her boyfriend and my parents were all playing cards at our house. I slept little Wed night, as I woke often in pain. The Vicodin didn't even make the pain go away. I got up with no alarm clock at 6 am Thurs, which for those who know me, know that's a big deal. I got online to find a doc on our insurance (as we have yet to find a new one since we moved back). I could not talk, only whisper, so Doug called and got me an appt. It was confirmed as strep and I opted for a shot + oral meds to help me get better faster. The doc recommended I wear a mask until I was no longer contagious to help keep Danielle from getting it. She also let us know what to watch for in Danielle if she were to get it. The shot hurt like a son of a gun, but I was miserable and wanted to feel better faster. By Sunday, I was back to normal and eating enough to make up for all I didn't eat when my throat hurt so badly. Today, all that remains is a HUGE bruise from the shot. It was bad the first day, but has gotten worse every day.

Yes, I just put a picture of my ass on the internet.
1 comment:
So "STFU Parents" worthy. I don't know why you're interested in hiring my wife to take pics; you're clearly a great photographer.
Glad you're feeling better. I miss having an awful bruise to document. Once, I had a student who had an awful scab on her arm and I took pictures of it every day. Than I put the pictures on the bottom of a quiz and asked students if they could put the pics in chronological order.
True story, I regret to say.
Post a Comment