The plan had always been two. That's what we had discussed before we got married. But somewhere along the way, that changed for me. And for years, I obsessed about it. Tried to figure out what was the right answer for our family. Doug and I talked about it over and over again. And we decided to let Fate decide for us and we ended up pregnant with #3. And then suddenly, I was sure I had made a mistake. We had a good thing going, the four of us, and why did I want to rock the boat? I was terrified of how adding a third would affect all of us.
And now she's here. And the transition to a family of five has been easier than I ever could have imagined. And I know we didn't make a mistake and that this was what our family was meant to be.
Even if having three kids virtually guarantees that we'll never have good expressions on every face for pictures anymore. ;)
4 comments:
FWIW, I think the pictures that have one or two silly faces are the most precious! ;)
Very sweet post : )
Aw, Riss - what a sweet post!
Families of three rock! My mom had told me once that it takes until the third one to figure out what you're doing, and since that child is perfect, you stop after that.
Heh. I love my mom.
Post a Comment