Monday, February 11, 2008

Gracie update

I could take a picture today that would look exactly like the one from yesterday. Since she woke up this morning, she hasn't moved from the couch except to go to the bathroom. Luckily, she hasn't had any more vomiting and only has had a bit of diarrhea, so she is on the mend. She has no appetite though and has barely eaten the last two days. She is drinking lots of water though, so I'm not too worried. I'm hoping that after sleeping for most of today, she'll have energy back to go to school tomorrow. We'll see. I can't imagine her going anywhere right now since she won't move from the couch.

Doug's cab came this morning at 4:45. I got up to see him off and it took me over an hour to get back to sleep after he left. He got to Houston ok and when I talked to him, he was enjoying Mexican food at one of our favorite restaurants, Mamacita's. Man do I miss Mexican food.

I'm happy to report that the forecast doesn't show snow in it until Friday now, not every day like it did the last time I checked it several days ago. So hopefully, I won't have to do any shoveling while Doug's away. Saturday can't get here soon enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad Gracie's on the mend. Dad and I had Mexican food Sunday--leftovers yesterday :) But our access is far superior to yours, eh?

We've been having stormy weather today with a 2nd cold front moving through, so it will be cold (for Houston) tonight and for several days. More storms due on Friday, when Dad had a big golf game planned. :(