Saturday, February 16, 2008

Shocking News

While some of you who read this blog might expect this, many will be shocked. Bradley just weaned this week at almost 27 months old. Yeah, I'm one of those moms.

I started weaning him last summer, but then we learned we were moving and we were working like crazy to get the house ready to sell and it was the last thing on my mind. The move was already stressful enough without adding any more stress to it. So, I waited until things settled down and became more "normal" before making it a priority. He last nursed on Wed early in the morning.

I have had wonderful breastfeeding relationships with both my kids and this is bittersweet for me since Doug and I are unsure if we will have more children and I may never breastfeed another child. If it was up to Bradley, he would still be nursing, but I was at the point where I was done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, Momma! I'm sure this is a very bittersweet milestone for you. I hope I can last even two thirds that long with this next baby.