Warning: foul language ahead!
While I would have preferred for the Astros/Cubs games to be played at Minute Maid Park, I would not be complaining if the replacement park had not given the Cubs home field advantage. To call it a 'neutral' site when it is an hour and a half from Chicago, is complete bull shit. What the hell was MLB thinking? There were many ballparks sitting empty that could have housed us for these games without being so close to Chicago. Why couldn't we play in Atlanta? Or Tampa? They were both sitting empty. Dell Diamond in Austin offered, why couldn't they have played there? That would be a HOME field for the Astros. It is a complete joke to call us the home team at Miller Park. I didn't see a single Astros fan there. It was a sea of Cubs fans. I'm so pissed off, I cried out of anger after the last out last night. If mother nature and stupid MLB decisions cost my boys the playoffs, I'm going to be one majorly pissed off fan. Hell, I already am.
3 comments:
And I thought I was angry...
Awww Riss! That really does suck. Those stupid people in charge really aren't thinking straight, are they? Sorry girl - I hate it when my team is screwed because of something stupid like that.
There was a letter to the editor in the Houston paper that said, "first we got Ike'd and then we got Seliged!" Exactly how I felt!! The Cubs (because of their horrific treatment of the Astros at our "home" games--not their fault we ended up playing there--but it is their fault for the hateful signs and booing and all!!) are now my lowest of low teams--even below the Yankees!! (Wow! that's low!)
Post a Comment