My brother had a buddy in the army who bought a snake. When said buddy was sent overseas, the snake could not go, so my brother took it. When my brother was sent to Korea, my parents took it. When my sister went to Wisconsin, she took it with her. Several months ago, the snake bit my sister, so now she keeps her in her 'cage' all the time except when she lets her out to eat. The snake stays in the basement with the door closed when she is not in her cage and my sister doesn't handle her at all anymore, but just waits for her to go back in her cage on her own. Today, my sister's kitten slipped past her into the basement and the snake attacked him. When my sister got down there within seconds, the snake had her teeth in his paw and was wrapped around him. I already wanted her to get rid of the snake after she got bit, but now that the kitten is lucky to be alive, I'm insisting that she get rid of it. Doug and I are trying to think of humane ways she could 'put her down' without having to remove her from the cage.
This is called peer pressure. I know several people who live close to my sister read this blog. Please help me convince her this is what needs to happen. Her idea right now is for my parents to take the snake back. Yeah, what a great idea. So she can go after the cat at my parents house or even better my kids the next time we are there visiting. Ticia, you are Doyle's mommy and you need to do what is best for him. I know it's hard, but it's the right thing to do. (And please don't hate me for putting this on the internet for the world to read.)
6 comments:
Haha can't believe you did this. I'm Doyle's mommy but I'm Naomi's mommy too, and she didn't do anything wrong - she reacted on instinct. It seems unfair to punish her for my own shortcomings.
GET RID OF HER!!!!!!
:)
ewwwwww......snakes are yucky....Actually, the girls just found a snakesking in their 'rock garden' by the front doorstep -- totally gives me the heebie-jeebies!!
Two words: Craigs list.
Ooh, good idea Bethany. I'll suggest that to her. :)
Take it to a pet store of the humane society...or the zoo!!
Post a Comment