Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Birthday Pics

As promised, here are pics from yesterday.

Bradley helped me make the cake.
Part 1:Cake. Notice his shirt is blue.


Adding blue food coloring.


His favorite part... licking the beater. :)


Part 2: Icing.
Notice his shirt is green. (We had to change after Part 1.)


Again, licking the beater.


We took him out for dinner at Boston Pizza. His choice. Even though he doesn't eat pizza and wanted chicken and fries. (Notice the shirt is different again. We had to change after part 2 too.)


The cake and the big three year old.
(This went much better than last year. Last year when we sang Happy Birthday to him he cried.)


He blew out the candle all by himself!


Yummy!


This is what happens when you give a 3 year old full reign over the cake. You end up with a layer of blue cake, a layer of green cake and orange icing. Gracie said it was the best cake she'd ever had, but I think it was just the most colorful. :)


Opening gifts...







The biggest hit was the Home Depot tool set. The kids played with it this morning before school and Bradley played with it all day today. Doug said he was jealous that Bradley got new tools and he didn't. ;)

4 comments:

alicia said...

I'm LOL at Doug being sad because he didn't get any new tools. I think that is one of the most colorful cakes I've seen in a long time. Good job Bradley! I'm glad that he didn't cry this year.

The Carter's said...

Ah, happy birthday to Bradley!

I find it amusing that our boys have the same clothes.

Anonymous said...

Gordon gets sad whenever Will gets new tools too! ;)

BTW, I think Gracie's right -- that *must* have been the most delicious cake ever!

Bethany said...

Despite all the coloring, that cake does look delicious. I bet Gracie was right.

Love how all of the shirts are horizontal stripes!