Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Croup

Bradley has croup. :(

He went to bed feeling fine and woke up at 11 coughing and struggling to breathe. Doug and I tried a breathing treatment first and when that didn't work, I took him to the Children's Hospital. He was diagnosed with croup by the triage nurse and then we waited three hours before they gave him his first dose of steroid. A half hour later, we finally got in a room and he finally went back to sleep at 4:30. I didn't get to sleep until closer to 5:30 and then woke several times b/c of hospital noises. The doctor came in at 6:15 and we were on our way (after a second dose of steroids) by 6:30. It was a long night, but Bradley is doing much better today, so it was well worth it.

Here he is crashed as soon as we got home this morning. He kept moving around. So, I kept taking pics of his positions. :)






I got a little nap this morning while he was watching PBS kids and I'm hoping for a nap this afternoon with him. If I don't get one, I'll probably have to go to bed when the kids do tonight.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

That second photo is great. Get well soon Bradley!

Heidi said...

Poor Bradley and Poor Mama! Glad you made it through allright...looks like Bradley rested well! Hope he is on the mend soon!

A Crafty Mom said...

Oh no!! Poor little guy, he looks so sad and pathetic. I hope he's all better soon.

Ticia said...

Poor little man. Mama told me all about your adventures last night, and about how much fun Bradley thought the hospital was, haha.

I love love love the second picture. For some reason it just seems to me like such a boy pose. I bet Doug sleeps the same way on the couch. :)

Love you, hope everything returns to normal soon!