Things are going much better with potty training. Bradley still doesn't tell me when he needs to go, but as long as I get him to try often enough, he doesn't have any accidents. Life feels much more normal again. It was crazy there for a week or so. We had to up the motivation a lot to get him to go. He now gets 1 M&M for trying to go, 2 for peeing and 3 for pooping. He might be hyped up on sugar, but it's worth it. He also gets a sticker to put on a chart every time he goes and when he fills it up, he gets to pick out a new toy. He already got a small Diego lego set and is abotu 10 stickers away from the next prize. We're so proud of him that he's finally going on the potty!
Gracie's other front tooth is barely hanging on. She can wiggle it with her tongue, so it probably won't be too long now. How great would it be if she could sing 'All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth'? She is also reading so much better lately. They have a reading program at school and she started on A and is already on E. I think she's ready to move up again too b/c the E books are pretty easy for her. The books we read with her at home are harder than the ones she comes home with from school. We're so proud of her!
This is Doug's busy time of year. He has to go in to work for a while tomorrow. He made a trip to TX at the beginning of the month, will go down again the last week of Nov and again in early Dec. He's been working late a lot and traveling a lot, so we haven't seen much of him. We're all looking forward to Dec 16 when it will all be over and he'll be on vacation for 2 weeks.
We bought an elliptical last month and I have been working out every single day. It's hard work, but I'm enjoying it more than I ever thought I would. I go down in the basement after the kids are in bed and work out and then shower. I'd like to do it earlier in the day, but since I'm not a morning person, nights it is. :)
We're all counting down until we'll be in Texas. We're excited to meet our new niece/cousin Sophie and see Aunt Jenny's baby belly (with baby Julia growing inside!). And of course to enjoy some warmer weather. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment