Friday, June 13, 2008

The Longest day of the year...

We've been told the longest day is next weekend. I'm glad it is about to start getting shorter because last night, it was light past 10:30 and it is light before 5 in the mornings. Do you know how many times I have woken at 4-something freaking out that we were running late because it is already light outside? Once in a while, I would like to sleep until 7 or so without waking up. It will be a while though before the sun waits that long to come up.

__________

The Boss left to go back to TX today. We all did just fine while he was here. Of course it helps that he and Doug were out late Wed night and last night. In fact, Bradley never even saw The Boss. Gracie saw him this morning before they left for work only because she woke up earlier than usual. It was nice not to have to make a lot of small talk with a stranger, but it stunk that Doug didn't see the kids for two days and I barely saw him. He leaves on Sunday to fly to TX for a week, so it would have been nice to see more of him this week. Luckily, he got to take the afternoon off, so that helps. Since he got up early every morning and stayed up late, he is napping now though.

__________

I know I owe a picture post. There are so many it is intimidating. I'll try to get to it later today or this weekend for sure.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

OMG I had no idea it stayed light so late there! But it makes sense - just never thought about it. But don't wish for shorter days down here OK! I love that it stays light until 9pm.

Good start to the PTing. We're not really getting anywhere except for a nightly potty trip before bed that he's been doing for a good 1/2 year. Not sure why he won't expand that to day time. *sigh*

Say, can't remember if I mentioned before - if you prefer I don't have you on my list of fav blogs let me know. I don't have a ton of readers but I certainly don't want you to get unwanted traffic!!!!

Can't wait for your pics post! :) tricia

Baby Bear Creations said...

I want pictures and I want them now....no excuses woman!! ;)

Glad the Boss's stay was successful, but it is always nice when visitors leave isn't it.

Hope the longest days of the year go well. :D