Monday, June 16, 2008

You asked for it...

I have almost a month worth of pics to put on here, so sit back and enjoy.

Blowing bubbles with Grandpa.


On the way to Banff.


The mountains got larger as we went. In case any of you were thinking about coming to visit, maybe this will tempt you...






The cheesecake we ordered in the hotel on our night away from the kids.


Gracie helps Grammy highlight her book.


Grandpa and Bradley play with blocks.


Grammy cut Bradley's hair. He hated it!


Bradley was so tired, he was falling asleep at dinner.


The flowers my brother sent to my mom and I for Mother's Day.


We went to the zoo on the 20th with Grammy and Grandpa.
Gracie checks out the tortoise.


Bradley checks out the giant snake. Grandpa commented that if the snake wanted to, he could probably eat Gracie and Bradley. (It was that big!)


Grammy and Bradley looking at the giraffes.


Gracie has the best seat in the house.


Gracie and Bradley get their own private show from this peacock.


These two bears were playing (or fighting??).


Love the prairie dogs.


Grandpa did most of the wagon pulling. Sorry Grandpa.


Cruising with their sunglasses that they didn't really need.


Posing with the elephant.


Gracie's birthday was the 22nd.

She told me how to decorate her cake and helped put on the sugar hearts.


Gracie with the finished cake.


Ready to blow out the candle.


The whole gang (minus Daddy who took the pic) ready for cake. Notice that we are all in long sleeves. Crazy!
Posing with her #6 candle she picked out.
Bradley liked the cake.
Opening the Backyardigans movie she got from Ticia...
the puzzle from Bradley...


and the Snow White doll from Grandma and Grandpa.
Grammy and Grandpa got a little something for Bradley and he waited patiently to open it while Gracie opened her gifts.

Opening the Princess pajamas from Grammy and Grandpa...
and the new doll case from Mommy and Daddy.


Bradley got his turn when she was done. Stickers!
Grammy and Bradley take on...
Gracie and Mommy at Guess Who.
Daddy's turn to play Gracie.
Grandpa and Bradley take on Gracie.


Gracie poses with the 'flowers' she picked.


The week after her birthday, she got a gift in the mail from Uncle Robert, Aunt Jennifer, Grace and Baby Robert.
She couldn't wait to open it, so she opened it outside.
Modeling her new Hello Kitty hat...
and sunglasses.


Here is Bradley with the alphabet mat that he plays with all the time. He put it together this day by color.
Gracie & Bradley playing with Geo Trax.


Last Friday, we mowed for the first time. It needed it for several weeks before that, but between the daily rain and Doug's work schedule, we didn't get to it until Friday.
The weather has finally warmed up and the kids have been having popsicles to cool down in the afternoons.



On Saturday afternoon, we went to the zoo.

We finally saw the baby elephant!
Checking out the elephant with Daddy.
I'm so glad we brought the wagon since the kids chose to walk almost the whole day.
This bear wanted OUT. He was setting off the electric fence in an attempt to get out.
Checking out the favorite prairie dogs. :)


It started sprinkling right at the end and Bradley covered his head to keep from getting wet.
Checking out the carabou daddy and baby.


And that's it. We're caught up for now. Whew!
Doug left yesterday for Houston and comes back Sat. The weather was great yesterday and we spent over 3 hours outside. Today looks great too, so we'll be out there a lot today. I think it's finally time for shorts!! Yup. It's June 16th and it's finally shorts weather. I had no idea what I signed up for. LOL

6 comments:

A Crafty Mom said...

Great pictures!!!! I love the mountains - I wanna come visit!!! The visit with your parents looked like fun - I've been to that zoo, it's great!

Rebecca said...

Wow they are all great pics Riss!!
I love those beautiful mountains, the zoo looks great and I loved the birthday party pics....Gracie got so cool gifts!
Tell her Sof would be jealous of her lovely hello Kitty hat....Sof loves hello Kitty! :)

Bethany said...

That is a lot of photos...wow...that must have taken forever.

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I finally get to see updated pictures of your two! Thanks for sharing all of them. Guess Who is a big hit here in our house too!! It's pretty bad when the girls can beat me at it rather easily. ;)

dougnlarry said...

Shan, you are welcome to come visit anytime. We would have a blast.

Beck, she got a Hello Kitty purse too. I think it all came from Target. You and Sofia should check it out.

Bethany, it did take forever. About two hours.

Phia, they have the younger person goes first rule to give the kids a leg up on us. That's why they win so often. ;)

Amanda said...

So good to see all of those pics! Looks like y'all have been having lots of fun lately! I'm so happy for you that it is finally shorts weather! This TX girl wouldn't know what to do if she couldn't wear shorts and flip flops practiaclly year-round!