Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Success!!

Lately, I've been asking Bradley a lot if he wants to sit on the potty. I'm not ready to go all out with potty training quite yet, but plan to in the next couple of weeks. I just wanted to get him used to the idea. Yesterday, I was determined to get him to poop on the potty. As soon as he said he needed to go and ran into the other room for privacy, I grabbed him and stripped him and put him on the potty. We sat there for a good 15 minutes. Nothing. 30 minutes later, Gracie said he told her he had to go, so we did it all over again. Another 15 minutes with nothing to show for it. Then a couple hours later, he starts making 'the face' so I grabbed him and took him in there again. I was too late. He had already gone in his diaper. Dang.

So this morning, I'm getting ready to get him changed into clothes from pjs and I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty and he said yes. So I put him on it and he went! I'm so proud of him. We called Daddy and both sets of grandparents to tell them. He was so proud he was beaming. I know it will be a long road from here, but it's a start.

*******
Also, Doug got the new computer put together late Sunday night. I'll get a pic post on here asap. Right now I have to go clean the house in preparation for Doug's boss staying with us tonight through Thursday night. (All the hotels in town are booked, so he has to stay with us.) I cleaned the downstairs yesterday, but have to do the upstairs today.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yay for doing the business on the potty, you can do it Bradley!!! :)