Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bipolar???

Is it possible for a six year old to be bipolar? Sometimes it feels like Gracie is with her crazy mood swings. In a span of 5 minutes today she told me she hated me and wanted her daddy and then threw a fit because she wanted me instead of her daddy. I sure hope it's normal six year old behavior.

It's exhausting. And even when I know she doesn't mean it, it really hurts when she says she hates me or doesn't want me. I am scared of what it will be like in 7-10 years if it is this bad now... yikes!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh man, I *so* don't look forward to that kind of stuff when the girls get older! I'm sure it's totally normal, though. Even so, it's gotta hurt when they say things like that. Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Umm...I'd have to say, in my non-professional opinion, that it's just the 6yo in her. I've got an 8yo AND a 6yo who can go from sweet to psycho in seconds flat! ;)

Rebecca said...

Ahhh kids...sorry to tell you lady it only gets worse. Jarod has a mouth on him like you would not believe, the back chatting is annoying a heck.

She is just being a diva girl too, Sof is just like her. ::SIGH::

Anonymous said...

Yep - it's like a light switch is what I call it! On/off - sweet/not so sweet! I was hoping that it was just a 5 year old thing. Looks like it keeps going. DARN!! : )